Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The goal for this project was to create a dramatic narrative not only filmed and edited, but scripted by ourselves. Using film techniques that we've learned over the first semester 

My idea for the topic of my film came to me rather quickly, but left a lot of wholes in what exactly the conflict was for the film. Thankfully my script critique with Nance helped me sort through what didn't need to be added to my film and made the focus of my script less broad, despite the fact that I decided to keep with not having actual dialogue for my piece.

Although editing is generally my forte, I'd be lying to say to say this wasn't the most difficult film I've had to try and edit, due to the numerous amounts of text clips that I've had to use for a short period of time. I was basically projecting my text on screen to demonstrate the Skype conversation going on in the story. This extended the editing process (and also excluding the original shots) and editing take nearly forever.

I'm proud that I at least attempted to make an entirely visually represented film and tried to go the extra mile with having text displayed on-screen.


I would try to flesh out the characters that were actually filmed better (in this case, Charlie and Alan). Due to the text appearing the same time as their acting, it left a lot of people distracted and not paying attention to what they were doing, I hope I can introduce them and other visual representations in a less jarring way.

No comments:

Post a Comment